Part-time Server ( No Late Nights, Competitive pay, Set Schedules)
We’re seeking part-time servers to help create outstanding culinary experiences for residents and guests in the multiple restaurants within our senior living residence. As a server, you’ll be responsible for providing pleasurable dining experiences by ensuring professional and timely service according to established dining standards. You will ensure the accuracy of food orders, and serve meals in a safe, sanitary, and timely manner. You’ll also complete related tasks including side work; demonstrate a positive, respectful, and professional team approach; and communicate effectively with residents and staff.
We have opportunities primarily for 4:00pm to 8:00pm shifts including weekends and holidays, Sunday shift is from 10:00am-2:00pm
About Mather Place
Mather Place is an independent living rental community for those age 62 and better located in the heart of Chicago’s North Shore in Wilmette, Illinois, a short walk from Old Orchard shopping center. Mather Place includes 179 independent living apartment homes, as well as two restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, library, and more.
Mather Place is located at 2801 Old Glenview Road in Wilmette.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All employees are eligible for:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces" by the Chicago Tribune, and Mather has received national certification as a Great Place to Work by The Great Places to Work Institute.
Mather is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mather is a drug-free workplace. Come work in a safe and award winning environment with an organization named as a Best Workplace in Chicago. Mather requires all employees be fully vaccinated and has granted accommodations for health and religious reasons.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "Refer to resume."